Tuesday, May 23, 2006

NW Nebraska = MT

Oi, I got home too late to do a real DK post. Hopefully tomorrow.

Today's concern is the next big race: the Endurosnob Epic. Sure it's in November, but that doesn't mean I can't be excited. Valentine to Chadron and back. Hmm, Valentine is a town of 2800 and Chadron is 5500. These are the biggest towns for hundreds of miles. The nearest "big" town is Rapid City, SD. Where exactly are we going to stop for water in the middle of the night? Endurosnob, do you know what you're getting us into? Are you familiar with this area? Mind you I'm still up for it. I might have to tow a gear trailer, but I'm up for it.

4 comments:

Paul said...

Yeah, Matt, you have fun in Nebraska! I will be skipping that one! I like my towns!

Great riding this weekend! I am sure you will not soon forget it!

Endurosnob said...

Yes, I know.

The first section is really the one where you have to be smart about water. After that, you'll have options and the farther you go, the closer together the options become.

Matt Maxwell said...

Okay, that's cool. I figured you knew well enough. I just had to get that out there. Crazy. I love it.

PaddyH said...

...maybe there'll be snow...
and water will be the last thing on our minds...